20/01/2012

Treasures for friends

It's Friday!! Oh how I love Fridays!

I have just heard from my dear friend Louise who received a parcel today that I sent earlier in the week. Inside the carefully wrapped surprise package of mystery were two homemade gifts that she had no idea I had been busy making:





This cushion and heart set was the first major project on my new little sewing machine. The fabric was specially chosen for Louise..I knew she would love it. The pattern is so intricate and feminine,  if Fabric could be made for a single person this fabric would have been made for her! And it was a real pleasure to work with, with lots to look at as I put both pieces together. I was so utterly proud of this make and I was so unbelievably excited for her to open it and see it and find a special place for it and I am pleased to say that she loved them..and especially the fabric!

Honestly, isn't it just the most satisfying thing to make something for someone that is just perfect for them and to know that they love it? There is nothing quite like it.

It'll soon be time for another project, oh the possibilities!! What do you have planned this weekend? I plan to nap and perhaps spend some time trawling my local charity shops...the stuff of luxury!!

Have a good weekend,

Lexie

x x x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Leave me your blog address or e-mail and I'll write straight back.

Love,

Lexie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...