11/12/2011

Christmas craft

Hello, another Sunday has come around and I thought I would try and squeeze in a little blog post. I hope you are all enjoying the build up to Christmas and you're all keeping yourself busy with wrapping paper, ribbon and baked goods! I have been waiting so patiently to post the next two parts of my Christmas craft series and I will be doing so on Tuesday now that everything is wrapped and I have put the finishing touches to my decor. But until then I have some little pieces of wonderful to share with you all..

We took a little trip down the road to see what local craft talent awaited us at the Christmas craft fair at Osterley park. Unfortunately it was much smaller than I expected but fear not, I came away with some little treasures including some little felt owls for my tree and some beautiful Christmas note cards. Oh but that's not all...there was one stall there that I could have explored all day, it was utterly enchanting and definitely fit for my blog pages...have a little look for yourself won't you..?


There were ditsy prints galore on top of a polka dotted back ground- my absolute dream stall! Pearlescent hues, vintage florals, heart shaped loveliness and girly gifts for all ages. Teddies, bows, wall hangings, hearts, cushions, homewares and trinkets, all beautifully hand made. Christmas baubles, homemade notebooks, garlands...you name it! I have never seen anything else quite like these...and I've seen a lot of handmade beauties to compare!



Beautiful angels on fabric hearts!

Just some of the cushions on offer.

These wonders are a collaborative effort between Aubrey Garner and a very talented parent. Although they are new to the craft scene they certainly deserve to be noticed. Unfortunately, they don't have a website or blog to their name which is such a shame because these treasures need to be seen, trust me on that!

I fell in love with the stall so much that I am now the proud owner of three of the most beautiful wicker decorations that I shall use this and every Christmas, they are truly lovely...but you'll see more of them on Tuesday.

If you can get down to the Osterley christmas craft fair at Osterley Park in West London next weekend then stop by and see Aubrey and her adorable gifts, I can't express how lovely this stall was! Entry to the craft fair is free but for a small price you can spend some time taking a look at the house all dressed up in its Christmas best.

It was certainly very atmospheric:



If you can't get to the fair and you're interested in these beautiful crafts then let me know and I'll pass on Aubrey's contact details, she was kind enough to hand them over to me after I had got in everyone's way by taking too many blurry photos....I couldn't help myself.

See you on Tuesday for the next two installments of my 'Tis the season' Christmas craft series.

Lexie x x x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Leave me your blog address or e-mail and I'll write straight back.

Love,

Lexie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...