14/08/2011

Real rustic

I spent some long overdue time with my eldest little brother this weekend and I decided to treat him and his girlfriend with a surprise picnic in a secret location. I was aiming for a rustic, French meets west country picnic like you see in all those beautiful photos and I think the results were something quite close...


The basket contains fresh bread, grapes, west country chutney, chedder, ham and scones for cream tea dessert...see France meets west country.

So I dragged them off to Bradford-on-avon (lovely place) and fed them on all the rustic goodness! It was rather lovely!..

We paid a visit to Barton farm which is a a 14th century farm and grounds which has been turned into a country park. The 14th century tithe barn was just amazing in size and atmosphere. Sadly though, someone decided to lease the old outbuildings to a homeware brand...the kind that sells the mass produced country/shabby chic trinkets that are beautiful and overpriced in equal measures. As lovely as the shops were, and as much money as I'm sure they earn the council that owns the farm..I do imagine the 14th century farmer is turning in his grave.

I snapped some lovely images from the farm, if you are ever in the area it is definitely worth a look!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Leave me your blog address or e-mail and I'll write straight back.

Love,

Lexie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...