05/06/2011

One old bucket to go please!

When it comes to Shabby Chic, I am totally smitten. Anything with a rose print, a hint of shabbiness or a pastel hue sets my heart all a flutter. I am also one of those people that will see something; usually an outfit choice or a simple piece of design inspiration and fall so ardently in the love with the idea of having it for myself that I must make it so....9 times out of 10, it doesn't work out. Either I can't find a cardigan in the colour I need or there just isn't a basket anywhere to be found in that particular design or the only one that does costs a years salary etc etc so I give up and regretfully move on.

Recently I have become a little obsessed with a particular method of floral display that involves lots of flowers and a shabby, dirty old container to keep them in as inspired by some wonderful pictures that I stumbled upon:


Most people won't get it but to me this is the epitome of shabby chic design...so cottage like, so pretty! So I made it my mission to get myself an old, shabby bucket and fill it with dried flowers to brighten up my landing area. Apparently, dirty old metal buckets are pretty cheap on Ebay!

And here we have it:


My one problem (and there always is at least one) is that I don't have enough dried lavender...so now I have to wait for my lavender crop to bloom so I can cut it all down and put it in my cheap old Ebay bucket!

Flower pictures are courtesy of: Grange de CharmePastels and Whites and 16 House do please peruse their sites, they're so lovely!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Leave me your blog address or e-mail and I'll write straight back.

Love,

Lexie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...