13/07/2012

For the love of Cornwall..

Hi beauties

Thank you for your lovely comments on my last post. They always make me happy and I needed it this week.
I can scarcely believe it has been a week since I came home from my blissful holiday but here I am. Flicking through photos, trying to recall the fond memories.

The building with the white porch is our cottage, Rough Tor is in
the background.

I spent two lovely long weeks in Cornwall with my family and my best friend (also my housemate and practically part of the family). We stayed in a farmhouse cottage on a farm just next to Rough Tor and the surrounding moorland, which meant staggering views on the good (ish) weather days and lots of fog on the other days!

We climbed Rough Tor twice and the views were very much
worth it.
I won't bore you into a stupor with tedious photos that won't mean anything to you but I thought I might share some of my favourites and my highlights.

This year we had a very relaxed break, but having spent several summer holidays in Cornwall we have gathered a few treasured places that we always have to visit. So we went back to see the old favourites and also spent some time in new places too and of course, I took many photos along the way. 



 It was so nice to be back in my most favourite parts of Cornwall, like Boscastle and the beautiful Bedruthan Steps which has the best coastline views I have ever seen...I have seen lots.

We followed our usual tradition and I ate my favourite ice cream at Boscastle..it is by far the best Ice cream I have ever had.


Of course, you have to walk off all that ice cream and walk we did. We climbed hills, walked across moor land, strolled around narrow streets..most of them uphill and we braved the steep steep hill to visit Tintagel Castle for the first time in years.


I saw new and interesting places and enjoyed exploring them..

Port Isaac Cottages

Lovely window at Cotehele house and gardens (National Trust)

Along the way I saw beautiful flora and....apples..


Hydrangea at Lanhydrock House
Rain drops on roses at Cotehele house
Apples

There were lots of strange and beautiful things to capture on film..


Door handle at Lanhydrock gardens
Jam for sale outside someone's house in Port Isaac
Sundial at Lanhydrock gardens

The best part though, was spending time with my family..


Dad, Step mum, Brother

The weather wasn't sympathetic, although there were a few occasions where the rain held off long enough for us to get indoors and we did manage one picnic in a brief windless, rain-less spell. 

However, on our many hikes, I spent most of the time looking like this..

Windswept
In between the walking and the exploring, I took some time to do the things I love the most..

Craft fair (and rubbish flea market) at Mevagissey


Antique centre in Truro


And when the last evening rolled in, the sky cleared, the rain held off and the view was there for all to see and absorb. We rolled out the BBQ and enjoyed the quiet for one last time.


I definitely miss Cornwall.



I hope I didn't bore you with pictures! Thanks for reading.

If you feel the uncontrollable urge to see more photos, you can do so here.




x x x x x x x x






Twitter Pinterest

6 comments:

  1. Simply gorgeous Lexie, really makes me want to go to Cornwall more than ever! Love the quaint cottages so much!
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Victoria. You must visit Cornwall..but maybe when the weather sorts itself out!

      x

      Delete
  2. Lovely pics Lexie. We love Cornwall too and were lucky enough to stay in the Bedruthen Steps hotel when our daughter worked there xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How wonderful. Everytime i see that hotel, I always think it must have amazing views.

      x

      Delete
  3. You have done far better than me cutting it down into so few posts :) I have written a post on each place we visited haha almost done now, well half way there at least :) x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lexie,
    It looks gorgeous. I live very far from the UK now and always think of Cornwall with fondness. I am from Yorkshire, but I love the magic of Cornwall and would to live there one day.
    Your photos are beautiful and not boring at all. I bet you enjoyed the ice cream. They sell horrible watery rubbish here.
    Tracy
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Leave me your blog address or e-mail and I'll write straight back.

Love,

Lexie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...