28/01/2012

Reasons why I'm happy

It's the weekend again, I do love the weekend! And it's the end of January...where did that month go? It'll be spring in no time folks!

I have been rather excited about today for reasons that I would like to bore you with, so indulge me if you will!

After I put together my little craft room last weekend I decided  that I was missing something, something that I knew would change the room all together and make it near to perfect! So, off I toddled to Ebay to find this thing, this wondrous missing piece to the craft room puzzle! Would you believe, I found it very quickly. After days of watching the ticking countdown, waiting and pining over the item picture, the time came to bid. I bid on it and I only went and won it!! And thank goodness that I did,  I'm not sure how I would have dealt with the loss if the auction had ended in any other way.

So today, after four days of waiting (in)patiently it was time to collect it, and now its mine, all mine!!!



My very own dresser top, all dressed in my craft goodies and doing a wonderful job at storing them all! I love it! 



I added my own touch by decorating the small cabinets with some Cath Kidston wrapping paper that I snapped up in the January sale..I knew it would come in handy one day!



The dresser top is large and sturdy and it's very old too, it's actually authentically shabby! Now, we all know how much I hate shabby furniture so living with it is going to be hard work, as you can imagine!! I have been toying with the idea of painting it but I like the white and I don't want it to lose the its shabby charm! One thing I do know is that it needs some fairy lights around it, don't you think?


This wasn't the only little gem from my day. On the way home from collecting the dresser top we passed a rather charming little curiosity shop in East Sheen called 'Memories of Mortlake'. 




I simply had to go in and take a look, would you have forgiven me if I hadn't? It is run by the sweetest German lady who just looks like she belongs in a shop like this, so happy surrounded by treasures! And it really was full to the brim with treasure, so much so in fact that it was virtually impossible to pick one thing to look at! But I did manage to pick out one thing, my first vintage suitcase and at a bargain price too! I am so thrilled to finally have one of my own! My Granny has promised one that she has in her loft but as she lives in France I will have to wait a while to be able to claim it...so this little beauty will keep me going until then! Here he is full of fabric..




So, today has been a very successful day indeed and that, my friends, is why I am happy (among various other not so shallow things)

Happy weekend!

With love,

Lexie


1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh! the new addition to your craft room looks fantastic. what a find! and I don't think it's at all shallow to enjoy things like the perfect craft cabinet-- it's one of life's little joys.

    (p.s. I'm having a giveaway on my blog and I'd love if you checked it out!)

    xo Julie

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Leave me your blog address or e-mail and I'll write straight back.

Love,

Lexie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...