24/07/2011

One sunny Sunday

The sun has shone unreservedly this fine Sunday for the first time since I was on holiday and I have been a busy little bee. I am still battling the post holiday blues (They usually disappear right before my next holiday) and so I decided to paint my bargain finds from yesterday. So away to my sunny little garden I went to work some magic on the bargain dresser top...



I painted it using one of the Laura Ashley samples I recently purchased..the official colour is 'Pale mauve' but it seems to be more pale, less mauve. I imagine another coat might bring out its mauve side but I am pretty content with the pale, it goes well with my kitchen.


So now it hangs, decorated in my finery and some freshly cut roses to boot.




The old jam jar that I recycled is doing well as a vase, I keep going back to it! The orange rose is a David Austen Rose called 'Evelyn' which is one of my favourite girls names. It smells of apricots and peaches, no word of a lie.

I also managed to paint my new old chest but I am currently unsatisfied with the finished result so I'll get back to you on that one.

Love,
Lexie

1 comment:

  1. Looks gorgeous!! Jam jars are the best vases!!

    S x

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Leave me your blog address or e-mail and I'll write straight back.

Love,

Lexie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...