12/06/2011




I've had a busy Sunday morning. As I do so often, I got a spontaneous strike of inspiration and decided I wanted something to display my plates in my kitchen. Something cottagey with space to show my ditsy-est plates! After a quick flick through ebay I decided that money was going to be prohibiting factor! Then I remembered I had this little something in my cupboard:




I picked up this spice rach from a flea market years ago with the intention of painting it and selling it. This was back when I had a crazy notion that I could make things to sell on etsy...as you can tell, it never progressed much further.

So today I decided to grab my last remaining dribbles of Laura Ashley duck egg white paint sample and painted it very roughly. I used a dried up brush to create a shabby painted look and I ended up with this little painted charmer:




 It's not exactly the plate display rack that I had been dreaming of for a whole 20 minutes...but, it didn't cost anything and it looks so shabby and lovely..it'll do for now! That's not all the DIY I got up to this morning...stay tuned for part deux.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Leave me your blog address or e-mail and I'll write straight back.

Love,

Lexie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...