21/09/2013

Francophilia

I have always had a fascination with France, French antiques and the French language. I still don't know where it came from. When my grandparents moved to the Aquitaine region of France some 10 years ago I had a reason to travel to France and even more so when my mum moved out there in 2007. I have spent 4 summers and a Christmas in beautiful France and each time I visit I fall more in love.

My mum moved back to England in 2010 and since then, much to my dismay, I just haven't been back. Until this year that is. I finally went back to France earlier this month and had the most wonderful time.



This time I stayed in my Granny's beautiful home, which is the house of my dreams with it's pastel shutters and French farmhouse charm.



The weather was disappointing but I had the most amazing time with the best company. My Granny and I are quite similar in our tastes and she is possibly one of my most favourite people, she's a real delight to spend time with and not only because she loves brocante shops and bootsales as much as I do.



I had a relaxing week spending time with family, of the human and animal variety, shopping and visiting my favourite French towns and I couldn't think of anywhere I wanted to be more. The French lifestyle is so appealing, the surroundings are beautiful and I feel so at home over there.

Of course I took a lot of pictures along the way:



My favourite French town - Segur Le Chateau










As is always the way, the holiday was over too quickly. But the thing about visiting a place that you adore is that when you leave you can't wait to go back. Although I have been lucky enough to visit some lovely new places this year, I could go back to France every year for the rest of my life. So, roll on France 2014.



Of course I came home with a few (a lot) of French treasures both new and antique. Perhaps I'll share them in another post.

Thanks for reading about my French adventure today.

With love,

Lexie

Instagram Pinterest

1 comment:

  1. Thoroughly enjoyed reading about your french adventure....in fact a virtual tale accompanied by these lovely photos which have made it all the more interesting.Beautiful town and is that a shop where I can see all the china on the table ....definitely my type of shop if it is!

    keep well

    Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Leave me your blog address or e-mail and I'll write straight back.

Love,

Lexie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...